Industries we serve
Agricultural logistics solutions tailored to your production requirements and business operations
While some agribusiness products have characteristics similar to chemicals, others have more in common with food. We understand the different regulatory and safety requirements for storage, handling and distribution; and our long-standing customer relationships in the industry are built on best-in-class performance. The agricultural logistics infrastructure that we customize for your supply chain will be tailored to your production plants, delivery networks and other operations. We also work with the relevant government agencies and regulators to ensure compliance.
- Bag-to-bulk and bulk-to-bag
- Bulk storage
- Continuous moves
- Direct-to-farm delivery
- Freight audit and payment
- Public and dedicated warehousing options
- Quality assurance and control
- Reliable carrier capacity
- Testing of raw materials
- FDA, EPA, BRC, AIB, USDA, GMP certifications
- Agribusiness: chemicals and materials
- Agribusiness: machinery
Agile supply chain solutions for an agrochemical leader
A leading agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology company wanted a cost-effective solution for the storage and distribution of its products. The company sought a 3PL partner who could act as an extension of its logistics department and quickly execute new supply chain strategies. The partner must demonstrate an understanding of the company’s operations, products, customers and carriers.
GXO was chosen to provide services for packaging, labeling and reverse logistics, using a blended solution of dedicated and public warehousing space. We transitioned the customer to a centralized distribution center model, eliminating the need for interplant shifting and excess product storage. As a trusted partner, we are the first 3PL allowed to be the final point of contact with the company’s customers.
- Developed returns management processes customized to the customer’s seed business, including sorting, SKU assignment, repacking and reshipping pallets of mixed product
- Provided a public warehousing network with flexible access to warehouse capacity at variable cost
- Ensured that GXO can provide space, start operating and accept product within one week of being notified that agricultural logistics services are needed