What we do
GXO Direct Distribution Network
An agile, cost-effective distribution solution
GXO’s Direct distribution network offers North American shippers a flexible, variable-cost distribution solution with critical mass. Our strategically placed stockholding sites facilitate distribution into major markets and are linked by our technology, making the distribution network ideal for retailers, ecommerce companies and manufacturers. We can position and reposition inventories within two-day ground transportation to the vast majority of the US population. Direct is an agile, cost-effective strategy for responding to the challenges of seasonality and changes in buyer behavior.
- Access to national logistics scale, expertise and technology when and where it’s needed, without adding high-fixed-cost distribution centers
- Shorter lead times from consumer order to delivery and reduced response times for retail stocking and store replenishment
- Cutting-edge technology already in place for ease of doing business at both ends of distribution, including predictive analytics to help plan inventory flows
- Brand-building in end markets supported by superior service and consistent results
- First “Fulfilment as a Service” (FaaS) model of its kind in the industry
Scalable, direct-to-consumer support for a major manufacturer
A leading North American mattress manufacturer made a strategic decision to enter the direct-to-consumer mattress market and sought a supply chain partner to create integrated fulfilment and delivery logistics.
GXO tailored a solution for this customer’s atypical product lines, using our Direct distribution network to manage rapid fulfilment of bed-in-a-box products, flat mattresses and adjustable bases — with transportation to consumer homes. The orders are generated by the manufacturer’s direct-to-consumer channel, as well as from its retail and wholesale partner websites.
- A turnkey, premium solution that integrates quality fulfilment and white-glove delivery service without requiring significant customer investments in infrastructure
- Rapid expansion of direct-to-consumer sales being pursued by customer, confident in knowing that GXO can deliver high consumer satisfaction and keep pace with growth