Responsible Business Forum cites GXO’s efforts to promote inclusion, advance women in the workplace, increase training opportunities, enhance safety in the workplace and local community development
GXO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: GXO), the world’s largest pure-play contract logistics provider, announced today that five of its best practices in Poland have been recognized in a report issued by the Responsible Business Forum, the largest non-governmental organization in Poland. The special 20th edition marks GXO’s first appearance in the prestigious publication. Published annually by the Responsible Business Forum, the report “Responsible Business in Poland. Good Practices” is the largest review of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development initiatives in Poland.
“We’re honored to be among the companies recognized for excellence by the FOB report,” said Joanna Borkowska‑Iwanek, GXO HR Director for Poland and Czech Republic. “Our best practices illustrate and promote GXO’s core values: be safe, be inclusive, make an impact, change the game and deliver results. Actions taken in the name of these values also help us build strong and cohesive teams, especially during the pandemic when teams at our numerous sites across Poland haven’t had opportunities to meet in person. Through these best practices, we are able to involve team members at all sites, including those who work in warehouse positions, and we’re looking forward to expanding our involvement.”
The 20th edition of the FOB report presents 1,677 actions submitted by 283 companies representing all sectors of the economy. ESG activities are grouped according to the seven areas of the ISO 26000 standard and 17 Sustainable Development Goals. The analysis of the submitted initiatives shows, among other things, growing social expectations towards the responsibility of business for the impact on the environment.
“We are glad to see growing interest in the report and greater willingness of companies to share their good practices in the field of sustainable development,” said Marzena Strzelczak, President and CEO of the Responsible Business Forum. “This gives everyone more inspiration to act and cooperate and the picture of responsible business becomes more complete.”
In its nomination, GXO shared its best practices related to four of the Sustainable Development Goals — zero hunger, quality education, gender equality and decent work and economic growth:
- The Food Banks collection was conducted for the first time on all sites at the same time, establishing cooperation with local organizations and gathering over 400 kg of food, which reached more than 56,000 people.
- GXO Manager’s Academy is a year-long program of internal training conducted at all sites and covering over 100 people in managerial positions. Classes include theoretical knowledge and practical workshops, giving managers the opportunity to improve competence and the integration of local teams.
- The “Women can do it” empowerment project supports women who want to develop the professional competency of driving a high forklift, enabling them to aspire to higher and better-paid positions.
- The Diversity & Inclusion campaign “#Let’sGetToKnow,” organized for International Women’s Day in March and Men’s Day in September, helped build a welcoming and supportive workplace by showcasing employees’ passions.
- Local implementation of the “Road to Zero” safety campaign, in which all board members and logistics center managers signed the safety pledge, highlighted the safety measures taken to achieve the zero accidents at work project goals. The project enables the exchange of experience between all locations through monthly health and safety communications and practical training.
The Responsible Business Forum Report “Responsible Business in Poland. Good Practices” is available here. In April, GXO released its inaugural ESG Report updating on the company’s progress toward its ESG goals, its plans for continued progress as well as the key role of logistics in raising ESG performance of many of the world’s leading brands and sectors. In 2021, GXO received an “AA” ESG rating from MSCI, placing it highest among its largest industry peers.
About GXO Logistics
GXO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: GXO) is the world’s largest pure-play contract logistics provider and is GXO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: GXO) is the world’s largest pure-play contract logistics provider and is benefiting from the rapid growth of e-commerce, automation and outsourcing. GXO is committed to providing a diverse, world-class workplace for approximately 120,000 team members across more than 900 facilities totaling approximately 200 million square feet. The company partners with the world’s leading blue-chip companies to solve complex logistics challenges with technologically advanced supply chain and ecommerce solutions, at scale and with speed. GXO corporate headquarters is in Greenwich, Connecticut, USA. Visit GXO.com for more information and connect with GXO on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.